May 17, 2017
I Just Received Notice of Foreclosure. Should I Hire a Foreclosure Attorney?
If you have received a foreclosure notice then you have to consider your options. If you don’t want to lose your home and are able to make any past payments, then a foreclosure attorney can help you out. It is important to do this fast as you have a very small window of time before the lender moves forward and, once the lender has completed the foreclosure proceedings, you will not be able to get your home back.
When Can A Foreclosure Attorney Help You?
Sometimes foreclosure is inevitable and you are probably aware of the possibility of losing your home if you have not been able to make payments in a timely manner and have fallen back substantially. A foreclosure attorney can do some things:
- Buy you time if you don’t want to lose your home.
- Help you with foreclosure mediation.
- Mediate to MODIFY your home loan
- Help you with the loan modification application that may enable you get lower mortgage payments that you may find more affordable.
- If the foreclosing party made some procedural errors.
- If the foreclosing party cannot show that it actually owns the loan.
- If the foreclosing party has made some errors in your account (such as not crediting payments or charging unnecessary fees, etc.)
- You are in the military, in which case you may have other recourse.
- If you think you have a valid defense, the foreclosure attorney can definitely help you.
You Have To Pay The Foreclosure Attorney, So Is It Worth It To Hire One?
During our free no obligation consultation, Steven M. Fishman will check out your individual circumstances and advise you as to whether you have foreclosure defense. Often the best thing to do is file a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy to save your home, whether through getting 5 years to get caught-up, or mediation to modify your loan.
An experienced foreclosure attorney can mount your defense and help you with the legal proceedings, help you with loan modification or use legal strategies that will help you. If you want to stay in your home as long as legal proceedings can be stalled or till you find alternative accommodation, then hiring a foreclosure attorney is worth it.
What You Need To Do Before Contacting A Foreclosure Attorney?
When you schedule an appointment to see an expert attorney it is important that you bring all the paperwork with you regarding the foreclosure. This will help your attorney not waste your and his time and act fast as there is only a 30 day period to do something.
Do Not Wait, Call Foreclosure Attorney Steven M. Fishman Today!
If you have received a foreclosure notice, do not wait. Call Steven M. Fishman today because time is on the essence. During your Free no obligation consultation he can review your information and let you know if you are eligible for defending your foreclosure case, mediation to modify your loan, bankruptcy or other debt relief help. He can also help you understand the foreclosure process and give you answers to your questions. Call 727-724-9044 to schedule your consultation with an experienced foreclosure attorney today.