March 20, 2018
Why You Need a Bankruptcy Lawyer When Filing Bankruptcy
Filing for bankruptcy can be quite frightening as you do not know how long its ramifications will have on your life or business. You can file for bankruptcy on your own, however, hiring a bankruptcy lawyer can help you avoid various mistakes that could make your case worse. For example, you could file for bankruptcy when you don’t have to, put up your car or house at risk for no reason. Other mistakes you could make include failing to disclose important facts or filing for bankruptcy at the wrong time.
What are the Benefits of Hiring Bankruptcy Lawyer?
If you have serious debt problems and other parties are threatening you with legal action, it is advisable to hire a bankruptcy lawyer. A lawyer can help if the following apply to you:
• A debt counselor has determined that you are unable to repay your loans
• Your car has been repossessed due to a debt
• Debt collectors are threatening you in an abusive manner
• Debt collectors are calling all the time at your home or workplace
• A lawsuit has been filed against you by a creditor
A Chapter 7, Chapter 11, or Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyer will provide legal advice and handle your case from start to finish. Below are some reasons why you should hire a bankruptcy attorney:
i) Competent Legal Advice The primary role of a bankruptcy lawyer is to offer competent legal advice. If the attorney believes filing for bankruptcy is the best route, he or should advise you about:
• The risks or difficulties related to your case that you should be aware of
• What can be done to make filing for bankruptcy easier
• What you should expect during the bankruptcy process
• How you can achieve your financial goals by filing for bankruptcy
• Whether you should file for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, Chapter 11 bankruptcy, or Chapter 13 bankruptcy The lawyer should also promptly answer any questions you have about the bankruptcy process.
ii) Ability to Handle Your Bankruptcy The bankruptcy lawyer should be able to guide you through the bankruptcy process successfully. You want an attorney that is familiar with federal bankruptcy laws, Florida court rules and procedures, and the bankruptcy trustees in your area.
The difficulty of your bankruptcy case will depend on:
• The facts of your case
• Whether you are filing a Chapter 7, Chapter 11, or Chapter 13 bankruptcy
Cost of Hiring a Bankruptcy Lawyer
If you are already drowning in debt, the last thing you want an attorney that will increase your financial woes. However, hiring the right lawyer can help you go through the legal system and get your finances back on track.
A majority of bankruptcy attorneys offer free consultations. It is advisable to visit an attorney in person to learn more about your situation and the options available. When you decide to work with a particular attorney, find out how much he or she will charge you. All the fees should be put down in writing.
Are you struggling with debt and wondering whether bankruptcy would be right for you? Call us at (727) 724-9044 for a FREE no obligation consultation. Steven M. Fishman has the experience and knowledge to be able to give you the advice you need to make a plan for debt relief so you can get the fresh start you deserve.
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy under the United States Bankruptcy -Code.